Bronx, NY All-On-4 And All-on6 Services
All-on-6® Implant-Supported Dentures in Bronx, NY
All-on-6® dental implant techniques entail six dental implants being strategically placed in either the upper jaw (maxilla) or lower jaw (mandible) to support an arch of teeth. The procedure creates a prosthesis by using six dental implants placed in the jawbone, to anchor the prosthetic bridge of teeth in place.
What you need to know about All-on-4 Dental Implants
The facts about All-on-4 dental implants
All-on-4 dental implants are a revolutionary new way to achieve a full smile with dentures and still have the support, stability, and appearance of natural teeth. All-on-4 dental implants are truly different than conventional implant-supported dentures. They only require four dental implants, instead of the 6 to 8 implants needed for conventional implant-supported dentures. This saves you discomfort, money and time! Periodontist, Dr. Moshe Glick in Bronx, NY wants you to know the facts about All-on-4 dental implants.
Long-term denture wearers often find they need to have their denture relined because they have lost bone. Bone loss occurs because your bone is receiving continual pressure from the denture, causing the bone to disappear over time; this process is called resorption. All-on-4 dental implants help to retain your bone, eliminating the need for continuous denture relines.
Besides saving you money, discomfort and time because you only need 4 implants, All-on-4 dental implants have other benefits too. Consider All-on-4 dental implants are:
- More supportive, because they are placed at an angle, so they have more contact with bone
- Beautiful, because with the custom-made prosthesis, they look just like your natural teeth
- Youthful-looking, because they help you preserve bone, and the youthful contours of your face
- Comfortable, because they don’t put pressure on your jawbone or gums
- Convenient, because you don’t ever have to take them out, and you won’t ever need denture adhesive
- Satisfying, because you can be assured of at least 90 percent of the use you would have with your normal teeth; this means your denture will be stable and you can eat whatever you want without worry.
Snap on Dentures are also an option for Implant supported Dentures.
Some patients may not be ideal candidates for traditional dental implants, due to lack of jawbone density and volume needed to retain single tooth implants. A more economical version of the All on 6, the Snap-on Denture system uses a minimum of four dental implants to secure a full arch of replacement teeth.
Patients with traditional dentures often experience “slippage” along the gums, and they require messy adhesives and pastes. Implant supported dentures can resolve these issues with a fixed solution that restores lost function and improves the aesthetics of the smile.
Dr. Glick wants you to know All-on-4 dental implants are part of the Teeth-in-an-Hour process, so you can have a new smile in an hour! All-on-4 uses 3-D computer imaging and a drilling template to place your implants, and your prefabricated fixed prosthetic denture is placed immediately afterward. The All-on-4 process boasts a success rate of 98 percent!